Last week was the first week of school and gymnastics for Charlie.
School has been going GREAT! This is her second year at the same Montessori School, so she has the same class, teacher and friends. The only big change for her is the fact that her best friend was moved into her class...very exciting. I think Griffin being in her class has a lot to do with the smooth transition back to school. She had a hard time all year last year. The tears did not last the whole time, but she never really wanted to go in the mornings. So, having her get dresses and ready with no argument has been great for me. It is awful to send your child off to something they really don't want to do (once she got there she had a good day), but it almost as sad when they jump out of the car and yell "bye mom" while running off to class.
More importantly ~ in Charlie's world ~ she started gymnastics on the same day as school (we also think that had something to do with her excitement about school!) She has been wanting to do it for awhile, and Carson has always thought she needed to be in it. I'll admit, she is defiantly a rough and tumble girly girl and I knew she would be great at it, but I did not want to stunt her growth. Height is not something she has on her side!! Anyway, after she saw the Olympics she REALLY wanted to do it, so I gave in. She did a great job and looks like a natural. I think this is her ( 4 year old) calling! She looks forward to it all week. After her first class the Olympics was still on and she saw a girl on the uneven bars doing all her crazy flips and stuff and she said "Daddy I did not get to do that today." She was a little disappointed about that (she really thought she was going to start with that!) All in all it was a great week!


No comments:
Post a Comment